Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Naked Truth - Addendum

It appears I may have offended a member of the Y chromosomed community with my last blog. "So, that's it? Just checkin' out the goods and then off you go." (Mind you, this comment was not from anyone whose 'goods' I checked out. We are just friends. Just so this is clear.)

But my answer is this: Of course not, my dear. All joking aside and despite the light-hearted nature of my yammering, it's about more than a hook up...it always is no matter what we (I) try to tell ourselves (myself).

It's really about second chances at missed opportunities. It's about the possibility that that same anticipation will ultimately express something that's been there all along but somehow wasn't ready to reveal itself until that very moment. It's about maintaining a belief that movie love really does exist and that though you were distracted by something or someone else, the one you had longed for had a longing for you just the same. And all it took was something, anything, a question, a thought, a whisper, a giggle, in that time you took to pay attention to your curiosity to turn your whole world around and here you are all sweaty and naked, wondering why it took you so long to get here.

(Cue cheesy music)

The end.

No comments: